COVID-19 Self-Audit Checklist & Best Practices
Free Download to the Public!
One of the most important obligations of school districts is to ensure the health and safety of its students. In order to help you navigate the recent COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, we have created a “Health and Safety Plan for COVID-19 Self –Audit Checklist & Best Practices”.
2020 Fair Labor Standards Regulations...
Is Your School District Ready?
The U.S. Department of Labor revised its rules, making many employees previously classified as exempt from overtime requirements now eligible for overtime pay under the FLSA.
If Gun Violence Comes to Your School...
Will Your Security Plan be Bulletproof?
Over the past 20 years, Columbine, Sandy Hook, and Marjory Stoneman Douglas have come into the American vernacular as reminders that gun violence happens in our schools.
Serving Homeless Students 2018 Update:
McKinney-Vento Act Self-Audit Checklist & Best Practices for School Districts
Homeless children enrolled in public schools have nearly doubled in less than a decade.
School Leaders Risk Management Association
The Mission of the School Leaders Risk Management Association (SLRMA) is to assist public school districts (K–12) with supplemental risk management support. We help you accomplish your own mission of risk avoidance in a number of ways.
- We provide pro-active, timely tools to help prevent unwanted and unwarranted school board legal liability claims.
- We keep members informed of the current legal issues that will likely affect your school district through our work with the Federal Legislation Insurance Committee (FLIC).
- We give members access to special reports featured in our Newsroom. The topics are specific to the School Board Legal Liability school boards face today and will in the future.
Members are equipped with an array of self-audits and checklists to help ensure you are in compliance with the latest requirements and guidelines which govern school boards and school districts. We are a not-for-profit and are governed by a Board of Directors. The Board consists of current Executive Directors of State School Boards Associations.
- In a Groundbreaking Decision, a divided Federal Appellate Court Recognized a Constitutional Right to Literacy for Michigan Students May 21, 2020
- Federal Appellate Court Affirms District Court’s Ruling that a School District Did Not Discriminate when Terminating a Non-Tenured History Teacher who Espoused Holocaust Denial Theories and Anti-Semitic Views April 27, 2020
- USDE: Compliance with IDEA & Section 504 of ADA During the COVID-19 Pandemic March 31, 2020
- COVID-19 Self-Audit Checklist & Best Practices March 16, 2020
- Coronavirus Prevention March 3, 2020